The Liberty Justice Center, a national public-interest law firm that works to advance individual liberty, seeks an office office manager or administrative assistant in the Austin, Texas area.
The ideal candidate will strongly support the Liberty Justice Center’s mission to defend individual rights and enforce constitutional limits on government power through strategic litigation. Applicants are advised to review the Liberty Justice Center’s website, libertyjusticecenter.org, to learn more about LJC’s mission and work.
Candidates should be highly motivated and self-accountable. The Liberty Justice Center’s attorneys work remotely in locations across the country. The Office Manager will work with all of them, initially remotely and eventually at times at an office in Austin.
- Receiving mail and directing it to the appropriate staff member
- Answering incoming telephone calls and responding to voicemail inquiries
- Handling day-to-day communications with LJC’s vendors and benefit providers
- Ensuring staff expenses are timely reported
- Preparing materials for meetings of LJC’s board
- Handling office organization
- Assisting attorneys with bar membership and Continuing Legal Education compliance
- Organizing logistics for occasional events
- Collecting information for grant reporting
- Maintaining the organization’s online accounts
- Arranging travel
- Preparing letters as directed by attorneys
- Handling general administrative and logistical matters as needed
- Commitment to all facets of the Liberty Justice Center’s mission
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- At least 2 years of experience in similar employment (including remote) — law firm or nonprofit experience preferred
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- Ability to be productive working remotely
- Availability to work in-person at an eventual Austin office as needed
The Liberty Justice Center has a collegial work environment and an entrepreneurial team dedicated to its mission. LJC offers employees competitive salaries, performance-based bonuses, health and dental insurance, and a retirement savings account with employer matching.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Morgan Bowles at [email protected].